Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Missing our girls
Today I am remembering what it was like to have 4 kids with no "big" ones to help. Emily was in tears when her big sisters left with Shelley this morning. We had jokingly told her that when they left she would have to fill in for all of them. She tearily told me that she didn't think she would be able to do all of their work and hers too. (I assured her that we had been joking and we didn't expect her to do all of that :) ) Before lunch I asked the kids to pick up toys - I asked Heidi to pick up the play food and she asked if someone could help her (read with a whine). I told her that she was one of the big girls today and Emily had something else that she had to do and that she could do it herself. She disappeared for a few minutes (I heard her talking to Lincoln). Then, here comes Lincoln saying "I'm one of the big gurls". She had been convincing him that he needed to help her because he was a big girl. (rolling eyes). He actually did a great job putting away all of his Matchbox cars! (and I didn't let him get away with being a "gurl" - Heidi somehow conned Emily into helping her along with setting the table)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment