Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fellowship, Food and Fun

Our meeting and the Effingham meeting met together for union meeting at our house today. We had a wonderful time of fellowship. It is always so helpful to share in what others have read and meditated on during the week. It seemed like, because of it being the beginning of a new year, there was a spirit of fresh purpose in the meeting. Lincoln wanted to sing the hymn "Was it for me, for me alone, the Saviour left his glorious throne..." It was an excellent hymn to begin the first meeting of the year.

After meeting, everyone stayed for a potluck and visit. Marty, Mary and Sara stayed for a while after everyone else left and played Farkle with us.

Laura made pizza for supper and now Todd and the kids are playing Settlers of Catan while I am getting lesson plans together for this week. I'm taking a break to write a little bit on here and get Garrett settled down for the night.

Here is the scene I found just now as I was walking down the hallway.

Garrett's Good Night Song: Mommy loves you, Mommy loves you. Daddy too, Daddy too. You're our little baby. You're our little baby. We love you, We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment