Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Fright in the night
Yesterday evening, we needed to move some cows around, so Abigail rocked Garrett to sleep. In the middle of the night, I heard him run down the hall into the living room. I laid there waiting for him to come back when all of a sudden I heard the front door shut. I jumped out of bed, ran to the door and outside yelling his name. He had run all the way to the pasture gate. When I picked him up and asked him what he was doing, he sobbed, "I was looking for you!" He spent the rest of the night in our bed between us... My heart was still going about 100 miles an hour when I woke up this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nothing like an escaping child to make the heart thump! Glad you heard him!! I had the front desk at a hotel once call to see if I was missing a little boy. :/
ReplyDeleteOh My word!! Tamara....thank the Lord you heard him...I can't imagine if you hadn't woken up. Poor Garrett. :( And poor Mama's heart.
ReplyDeleteOH MY! Fright is right! All's well that ends well...
ReplyDelete