Sunday, December 18, 2011

Country Roads

We took a little country drive tonight.  Have you ever noticed that in the country it is Dark?  And sometimes the roads turn into cow paths, or just end in a field.  You might get a little warning that the bridge is out... or you may not.  You may end up on a rutty, bumpy, muddy road and then all of a sudden there is no more road.  Just so you don't get nervous about our trip, the only eventful thing that happened was that we had to back up down the road for a while before we could turn around and find a different road.

The drive we took was for a purpose.  Because every child needs a puppy, right?  To remember our trip to pick her up, her name is Bridget (Bridge Out).  We thought it was a slightly better name than the runner up - Dangerous Road.

From the sounds of the yipping right before I went out to take this picture and from the tongue licking the nose, I am pretty sure she had just gotten put in her place by one of the cats.

1 comment:

  1. A PUPPY!!!!! I LOVE Puppies! Congratulations! She is adorable! (And I have SUCH a soft spot for black labs after Jack) May she be every bit as wonderful for you as Jack was for us!

    ReplyDelete