Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Those storms are out to getcha
During our thunder and lightning storm some of the kids were playing out on the porch and running around the house. Later, Heidi was complaining of her tummy hurting. I asked her if she was scared. She burst into tears and said, "I don't know if I was hit by lightning!!!" "Um, are you tingly all over?" "No." "Do you hurt?" "No." "Did you feel like you touched an electric fence?" "No." "Why do you think you were struck by lightening?" Apparently she was afraid that if she was outside and there was lightning it would find her and ZAP! So I told her she should go soak in the bathtub and relax and it might help her tummy feel better. "But Mommy, you told me one time that it wasn't safe to take a bath during a storm!!!!" So we rocked, snuggled in a cozy blanket instead...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ohhhh, my heart goes out to her! I have kids that get scared and hold it in, all their fears and worries. I feel so bad for them and want them to relax, but it kinda made me smile how your first suggestion of a bath still made her nervous. Been there with one of mine! He's very worried that I will leave. Just up and walk out while he's sleeping. I never have, never will and have reassured him for several YEARS of this solid fact. I feel so bad for the anxiety he carries, and have done all I can to reassure him... Guess I'll just have to keep at it. Good job on the cuddles! =)
ReplyDelete