Friday, May 11, 2012

I'll spare you the pictures...

of the impromptu dissection  that happened after supper this evening.  The girls went out to take care of the chickens and one of the birds had died... So in they came for a knife.  They had great fun checking it all out while the dogs drooled patiently nearby.  I finally had to go out and check things out when Garrett came in and told me I had to go outside and see something hilarious! (I think that is a new word he is trying out and hasn't quite figured out yet because hilarious isn't exactly the word I would have chosen for the sight)  Some of the comments... "We found a spot inside that when we poked it the beak opened and closed..."  "You should have seen the intestines - they were really long - we gave it to the dog."  "Make its eyeball pop out..."  "Mommy, you have to come see it, it is soooo cool..."

A little later, Lincoln and Garrett were in the pasture.  Lincoln accidentally kicked a cow pie, so Garrett, of course, had to go kick it too.  Lincoln looked down in awe and said, "Garrett, you just dissected a cow pie!"

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you lost one of your chickens.

    LOL.....we dissected chickens with Brita's husband Tom and the kids had a blast. They learned a lot about the different types of blood in the body, how tendons work, how muscles work. You can learn a lot from farming.

    Hope the cowpie dissection did not include good shoes :O)
    Moe

    ReplyDelete