"I don't know how to be a cowboy. I am going to go to where the resting chair is (whatever that is... I wasn't aware that we had one of those... maybe the rocking chair?) Someone is going to come sit in the resting chair and teach me how to be a cowboy." He then came to me and said, "Mommy, I don't know how to be a cowboy... can you teach me how to be a cowboy?" I replied that I didn't really know how to be a cowboy either. "Who can teach me?" he asked. I recommended that he go ask Laura, because she reads a lot of books and maybe she had learned how to be a cowboy from one of them. So he went and found Laura. "Laura, I really don't know how to be a cowboy. Would you please teach me how to be a cowboy?" "They wear cowboy boots and cowboy hats. They ride horses and move the cows around. They have lassos. They yodel and play the guitar. Their favorite foods are beans and bacon and coffee." His next step was to come to me with a cute little smile and ask for some coffee. So after his coffee* he headed downstairs with his cowboy hat and cowboy boots to ride his horse.
* Yes, he really did drink some coffee. He has been enjoying coffee since he was a few days old when his sisters dipped their fingers in coffee and let him suck it off of their fingers.

I expect to hear him yodel along with that guitar next time I see him! :) Git along little doggies... Too cute!
ReplyDeleteYou should hear his strum! He's got it down pat. He should be able to keep the coyotes away, anyway. :)
DeleteWell hello there! I just found you! How nice!
ReplyDeleteAnd a very cute story about your little cowboy! I wish him all the best!! ;)
Hi Anita. I enjoy following your days on your blog too.
Delete