Since we've been married, we've been a one car family. We've always lived close enough to Todd's work to make it possible for me to drop him off if I needed the van, and it has worked out well. A few months ago, I was chatting with one of the ladies at our insurance company while I was there for some reason and told her our oldest daughter was going to be 16 in November. She said we would be better off insuring her on a little beater car than on our family van, so we've been keeping our eyes open for one. One of Todd's co-workers mentioned that he was selling his little 1998 VW Golf (stick shift, no air, non automatic windows...) the other day, so now for the first time in 16 1/2 years we are a 2 vehicle family.
Todd brought the car home on Monday and drove it to work yesterday and this morning. 6 of our kids had piano lessons this morning, so after I had dropped a few of them off so the rest of us could squeeze into the Golf, we picked it up to run errands in (did I mention that it gets at least twice the gas mileage as our big 15 passenger van?). One of the errands was to go to the Driver Services office and get new license plates. The next - to the vet to pick up medicine to treat pink eye in our cattle herd. I left 3 kids in the car since I was going to be in there for about a minute or less... and while I was in there I heard - thud!!! squeal!!! Yep, a pick up truck backed right into the side of our little bitty bright red car... and shoved it over a foot or so - about 5 minutes after we transferred the title to our name... We had a couple of pretty scared little girls and a nice little dent and broken tail light on the car. When I stopped by to show Todd, all he could do was laugh at the craziness of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is too bad... :-(.
ReplyDeleteohhh no, glad everyone is ok.
ReplyDeleteWhat a day!!!
ReplyDeleteWe need a pic of that little red car... with or without the dent and etc. ;)
ReplyDelete