Saturday, December 14, 2013

Building a room in the basement

The girls often try to squeeze into one bedroom - with 2 sets of bunk beds and a mattress on the floor, it is doable, but not very practical.  Anyway, we decided to build a bedroom in the basement so they will all fit (Also, a big part of the reason is so if our dream of adopting is ever realized, it gives us the needed bedroom space for that). (I have a feeling that when it is done, they might have a couple of brothers who want to join them down there so it might end up being a tight squeeze after all, lol).  Here are some pictures of the progress.
Getting the studs up.




A couple of cute helpers.


Putting the tile down in front of the door.





Wiring








Putting up drywall


Insulating 


Cutting out the doorway


Drywall Mudding

Whistle while you work (Have I ever mentioned that I love this man?)

Sanding


Helping


Mudding the ceiling?


Lots of helpers


They really were helping!

More mudding

Ready to put the primer on :)


More work (the flooring)

And more work (Ceiling tile)










No comments:

Post a Comment