It seems like most of the time when I post about the kids it ends up being about the younger kids. I suppose that is normal - they still do "cute" things AND they don't mind (or necessarily know) about what I post on here. As they get older, I try to respect their privacy a little more. I do, though, still really enjoy seeing them grow and learn and often I am amazed at the things that they come up with. One recent instance of this was a poem that Laura wrote. She has written several songs and hymns, and she has a talent for putting words together in verse, prose, and poetry. This particular poem she wrote for a friend about a picture of a tree standing by the shore that that friend took. I was very impressed with it and I hope neither one of them mind me sharing it on here.
Waves are pounding, fierce their roar
Screaming seagulls dip and soar
The waves attack the rocky shore
I stand alone.
Through my boughs, harsh tears the wind
The leaden clouds it scudding sends
It fights my limbs, they will not bend
For I am strong
The waves, gray cats, crouch down and spring
But when thrown back, become serene
The sea, an ever-moving scene
But I stand still
I stand unguarded on my berm
My trunk is slim, but I am firm
Unharmed by e'en the strongest storm
My roots run deep
- Laura
Oh my goodness that is a wonderful poem and a talented young lady!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Marie!
Delete- Laura
Thank you, Ruth!
ReplyDelete- Laura