In the same way that Jesus sent the first 12 and 70 Apostles and in the same way that Paul, Titus, Timothy and other New Testament missionaries went, she is going by faith without a salary, car, or home. She will be working with and learning from Kim Swanson, a lady in her mid 50s who has been in the ministry for more than 20 years. Together they will help several home churches and spread the Good News of Jesus in SW Indiana. Most of the time they will be staying with different families in our fellowship. Sometimes just a night or two in a home, sometimes for a week or so.
It is the most selfless way of living that I know of, but also the most rewarding. And although it doesn't sound like it will work, I know it does work, because we know several people very well who are living this way. In fact, I know some who have spent more than 70 years in this Work of the Gospel with little more than what they could carry in a suitcase or two.
I know several families in the area Laura will be working in (I was in that area for a year almost 25 years ago) and I know she will be well supported and cared for.
Laura has been a real Bible student for a long time with a focus on how scripture can be applied to our everyday living. Now she will have the opportunity to continue studying and applying it to herself as she helps others apply it to their lives too.
We are very happy with her choice. She could have done almost anything- she is both smart and talented, but we are glad she decided to focus on the things that really mean most in this life and the only things that will mean anything in eternity.
-Todd

We are so happy, Todd and Tamara, that Laura has chosen God's call to labor in the harvest field. We have been praying for this and are glad that several young lives have heard this call and are going forth this year. We look forward to Laura and Kim coming to our Knoxville convention next home and staying in our home. Are the rest of you coming?
ReplyDeleteHello Alda, We are not going to make it down this year, but we will be thinking if you all there. Greetings to Ann.
DeleteAnn wrote the above. I am thinking of all of you, too. Alda
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteenjoyable to read...
ReplyDeleteglad to think of Laura going forth...
glad for all your family. quite the experiences u have together.
u will miss her and she u...
yet all your lives enriched...
love, aunt Nancy
I think of Laura often. Was so nice to get acquainted with her this summer!
ReplyDelete