"Well don't just cry... hit him back!!"
"No, Heidi!!! Don't jump off the top bunk!!!"
Garrett just came up to m
e with a bandaid in his hand and asked if I knew where Lincoln was . I asked him what he had - "A Bandaid!!" I asked him where his owie was - he touched his forehead, then his cheek, his temple, his arm, his leg... - every time he touched somewhere he would start to say "there" but he'd get a funny look on his face because of course there was no owie there... Finally he said "Nowhere" So I asked him what he was going to do with his bandaid then. "Put it in my pocket for in case I get an owie," was his answer. And off he went. (When Lincoln came in complaining about the bandaid that was pulling the hair on the back of his neck, I realized what Garrett was really planning to do with his bandaid...)
 |
I was busy making a pumpkin roll birthday cake for Laura when Garrett came out from his nap this afternoon asking me to rock him. I couldn't right then, so Lincoln sweetly asked him if he could rock him. (It wasn't long until they were back to wrestling and acting like boys again)
After eating Laura's birthday cake and watching the show some of the kids put on for Laura, Garrett was talking about his birthday which is quickly coming up. He said "When I have my birthday, I am going to big like the kids..." "Which kids?" I asked him. "Those kids that are playing around over there." (He was talking about his brother and sisters)
Pumpkin Roll Birthday Cake (following her chosen meal of Bulgogi, rice, and stir fry vegetables) - Look at all of those candles!!
The show some of the kids put on for Laura's Birthday:
 |
Wearing his daddy's pants
|
 |
Dressed up as Laura, Mom and Dad
|
And confetti...
So all in all, it was a great day!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment