By this time of year, when the kids finish up one of their school books, I let them be done with that subject for the year instead of ordering the next level of the book. Lincoln finished his math book a couple of weeks ago. He loves math! In fact, we have a series of math books that we supplement their regular math curriculum with called "Life of Fred" about a 5 year old math professor. Lincoln read the first "Life of Fred" book the other day and declared that it was the best book he had ever read! Anyway, back to his regular math book... As soon as he finished it, he asked if I would order his next math book. Monday, I needed to place an order for some of Laura's next years books so we could look over them and see how we should schedule some of her classes and I went ahead and ordered Lincoln's math book along with her books. When he realized that the box that UPS dropped off today included his book, he couldn't wait until the box was opened. As soon as it was opened, he grabbed his math book and a pencil and headed off to get to work on it. (I think his goal is to catch up to Heidi by next fall, lol) I didn't quite catch the same level of excitement when Laura saw her math books in the box... I think she was pretty happy to get her history book, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment