I've read a few blogs lately with fun posts about being real. So I though I might attempt one myself. We do have a lot of fun, and my posts do generally reflect life around here, but we do have a lot of life filling in around the posts.
- It is loud around here. Like, really loud. At any given time, there is someone talking - and afraid they aren't being heard, they are talking at full volume. And at the same time, there are usually several other somebodies talking too. Added to that, we have 6 kids taking piano lessons, so therefore taking turns practicing all morning. And some classes are DVD or listening to CD lessons... And that is why I guard the hour of quiet time we have scheduled for every afternoon. And while they are all quiet, I sit and enjoy a snack and a glass of pop and relish the quietness.
- We still don't have night time figured out. Once in a while, everyone wakes up in the morning in the same place as they went to bed, but more often, I wake up on the couch, Todd in the recliner and 2 or 3 kids in our bed. We sleep wherever we can get sleep.
- No matter how many times a day we run through the house straightening it out, a cyclone follows behind us.
- Sometimes we arrive somewhere and someone is missing shoes. Or has two shoes for the same foot. Or has a pair of shoes that actually belong to a sibling. Or has a shoe from two different pairs.
- We recently were at an event and when we were ready to leave I noticed that Lincoln was wearing Garrett's pants and Garrett was wearing Lincoln's
- Too often, when Todd calls to say he is on his way for lunch or supper, the girls and I look each other and say, uhhhh what IS for supper???? (The menus are helping with that one though.)
- We sometimes have 7 or 8 or more loads of laundry waiting to be folded and put away. And that many more waiting to be washed. And then we go on a laundry marathon.
And now I had better get back to the chaos that is life around here.
Love your post! :) Life--REAL life!
ReplyDeleteAs you mentioned a while ago, it would be fun to get to know you for real. I think we met once at R&R's. Glad you are getting settled in your new place. Fun that you get to enjoy having grandkids around. Do you ever get used to your kids growing up on you?
Delete