Monday, April 1, 2013

The longest day of the year

Most holidays are not a big deal around here.  We keep it low key - mostly just enjoying the extra time with family and being thankful for what we have been blessed with.

For some reason, though, April 1st seems to be an important day.  Especially now that the boys are old enough to "get" jokes, I've heard a lot of planning and scheming about what they are going to do for April fool's day.  Things like, tricking mommy into drinking coffee disguised as chocolate milk... and sticking hangers in beds...

So, the girls decided to get ahead of the boys and trick them early in the morning.  I didn't get a picture of Lincoln, but the puzzled look on his face was priceless when he discovered that the reason he couldn't get his pants on this morning was because they had been sewn shut.
Garrett's drawers were empty except for a size 2T shirt and size 12 month pants.  
I got ahead of the game, too, and made Jello and poured it into juice glasses last night.  I wish I had pictures of the kids very confused faces when they tried to take a drink this morning at breakfast - those looks quickly turned into pretty happy faces when they realized it was Jello!

Todd got sprayed with the sink sprayer and his drink was  milk made out of dry milk powder.  Somebody put vinegar in Emily's water bottle... I had toilet paper stuffed in the ends of my shoes...  

...and it is only 10:00 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment