All Lincoln could think of that he wanted for his birthday was a stuffed animal, so it was fun to surprise him this morning with a new bicycle, since he has pretty much outgrown his old one and the only bikes the next size up that we have around here happen to be girls bikes. Some of his sisters shared some of their stuffed animals with him. It was fun to watch him read and enjoy each card they made for him and appreciate the second hand stuffed animals. Later he got a card in the mail with some cash in it. He was sooo excited. Look, Mommy! This was all in one card!!! I asked him what he was going to do with it and he replied that he was going to save it up until he had $60 and then buy a tarantula... I don't think so, son!!
The birthday person gets to pick the meals on their birthday. Lunch wasn't too difficult - he wanted make your own pizzas. For supper? - Frog legs... We were at a store yesterday that sells frozen ones, so we picked up a couple of pounds of them (I'll try cooking them, but I didn't really relish the thought of going gigging and then preparing them). I'm going to bbq some chicken wings along with them. He also wanted a german chocolate cheese cake - we compromised on that one - we had cheese cake for my birthday yesterday and german chocolate cake today for his.

Love the new bike! What a cute kid he is... I might just have to spring for a tarantula for him:)
ReplyDelete