Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Flowers for Mommy

This morning, the youngest three had their piano lessons.  While Heidi was at her lesson,  I took the two boys to a thrift store to drop off some things, and while we were there we looked around to see what they had.

At the back of the store, there is a shelf of glassware.  Lincoln stopped to look, and stood there for a long time just staring at the shelves.  Finally he asked me, "Mommy, do they have any little vases?"  I pointed out a couple and he asked me which one I liked better.  Then he picked one of them up and Garrett picked up the other one and asked if they could buy them for me to put the flowers in them that they bring me from outside.

An elderly lady was at the front desk, and when she learned what the vases were for, she looked at the boys and told them that any little boys buying a vase for their mommy to put flowers in could just have them for free.  I think they made her day.  I know they made mine!

6 comments:

  1. I like the pictures a lot! The setting looks familiar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just talking about different times when people have gotten their meals or things paid for by strangers who appreciated them. Now we have one more story to add. :)

    As a side note - a left side note... I like your Marysville Kansas setting for your pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty cute.

      Thanks - it is a beautiful barn - great place for pictures. If only we could get them all to smile at one time - the succession of the group pictures is pretty funny to look at.

      Delete
  3. Very sweet boys! And a nice lady at the cash register, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty sweet. Now I can look forward to filling the vases with spring flowers.

      Delete