Thursday, October 3, 2013

If you are the youngest...

... in a family with 7 kids, the bottom of your feet might look like this!



As in a lot of families, laundry is a huge part of keeping up the house here.  Socks have always been hard to keep up with.  Several years ago, I started putting a dot on all of the kids clothing according to where they fell in the line up.  As they grew out of something and it was handed down to the next child in line, I just added a dot.  I haven't really had to dot the boys clothes - because they don't particularly like to wear their sisters' hand me downs... but I buy the same socks for them as I do for their sisters (shhhhh... don't tell them, but the boys socks in their size that they carry at our local store are really thick and make their shoes too tight, so I've just kept buying socks for them from the section that I buy their sisters' socks from)... So, Garrett gets 7 dots on his socks. (And no, his socks don't look like this all of the time - these happen to be a brand new, just out of the package pair... most of his white socks are a grubby shade of brown after they've been on his feet for a few minutes)  (Lincoln was reading over my shoulder while I was typing this and his comment was... "You COULD just buy us bigger shoes!!")

3 comments:

  1. Tell Lincoln... at least you buy him boys' undies... right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'll do that - he will think that is funny! (And yes, everything else they wear are boys' clothes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the sock secret is out, apparently!
    I like the dot system.

    ReplyDelete