Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The case of the missing pocket knife, part 2

A rare guest post by Todd

So after Tamara "lost" Garrett's pocket knife, I sat him down for a Father-Son talk.  "Now Garrett, you know that all of the girls in our family wear skirts and a lot of times skirts don't have pockets.  So when you loan your knife to a girl, you have to keep track of it and as soon as they are done with it, you have to ask for it back so you can put it back in your pocket."
Yesterday Garrett kept asking me to show him how to sharpen his new knife.  So I asked him for it and went out to the kitchen to find the whet stone.  We found the leather sleeve in the drawer but the stone was gone.  I guess we will have to add a stone to the shopping list.
Today Garrett was wandering around the house singing  "Where did Dadda put my pocket knife? Dadda lost my pocket knife..."
He finally found his Mom and asked, "Do I have to be careful about boys too?  Dadda lost my knife!"
There it was on the counter right above the whet stone drawer, right where I had left it.  I guess it was my turn to learn a lesson!

1 comment: