Sunday, March 8, 2015

The beginning of beautiful music

A rare guest post by Todd:
As part of her Piano Lesson, Laura is teaching Heidi to play a hymn from our Hymn Book called "I Hear Him Call"  It is to the tune of Samuel Webbe's "Consolation".  Laura arranged a rhythm accompaniment for Lincoln to play and Garrett is learning to pluck the melody on his violin so the three youngest can all play together.  Tonight Emily joined them on our new harp.
They have just started working on this together and they probably don't want me to post this in its unpolished state, but I love the way music has taught them to work together.  I love watching the way they work together while they are practicing almost as much as I love to listen to the finished product that results from all their hard work.
I can hardly grasp how blessed we are to live in a house so full of music.

3 comments: