Wednesday, October 7, 2015

2015 Vacation - Arlington National Cemetery and Monument Tour

The Arlington National Cemetery and Changing of the Guards was a very sobering experience.  As you walk through the cemetery, you see row upon row upon row of grave stones. Even though the changing of the guards is done time after time, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year... it is still a very solomn, quiet, respectful service.



We didn't get many pictures of our tour guide of the cemetery and monuments, but we really enjoyed our evening with Kelly and were happy to have her show us around.



We also didn't get a good picture of our hostess for the nights we were in DC.  We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Sue and really appreciated her putting us up for a few nights.

We were all outside watching the lunar eclipse



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trip!!! So glad you did this! I wanted to take the kids there, too, but never did!!!!
    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a lesson in November on Remembrance Day. We talk about Arlington National Cemetery. It's a place I'd like to visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a special experience. I hope you get to go sometime!

      Delete