Friday, January 27, 2012

Band-aids to the rescue

Yesterday, Garrett started screaming and crying and came running.  I picked him up and asked him what was wrong.  All he would reply was "I don't know!!!"  I was starting to get a little frightened, because he was obviously in pain.  I was almost relieved to see some blood dripping because I knew this was a band-aid fixable owie.   Finally he admitted he had been cutting a piece of celery with a sharp knife.  He knew it was a big no no to use a knife, thus his reluctance to tell me what was wrong.  I asked him while I was fixing supper if he wanted to cut up the lettuce for me and he looked at me like I was crazy and shook his head no, so at least he is temporarily cured of using a knife...


While I was rocking him to make him feel better, I heard another blood curdling scream.  This time it was Heidi.  She came running.  When I asked her what was wrong, she said I just bumped into the door.  How in the world, I wondered, did her knee look like this from bumping into the door???
Cleaned up the next day - she wished I had taken a picture of it when it was all bloody!
While I was fixing lunch, Emily asked - "Mom, what is wrong with my door?"  "I have no idea, what do you mean?"  "Come look at it!"  Then it dawned on me, that bumping into the door was Heidi style - full steam ahead! Then I understood the pattern of her scrapes and scratches!


1 comment:

  1. Ouch - what a day. Calliegh stands in front of the shower and points at a shaver and calls it an owie. 6 months ago she picked one up and sliced her finger before Amy knew she had it. A lesson Calliegh hasn't forgotten!

    ReplyDelete