Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu Plan - 1/15/12

A few blogs that I visit occasionally post their weekly menu on Mondays.  I've thought about doing the same thing for quite a while now, but I'm really not very consistent with making weekly menus, even though when I do it makes the week go much, much more smoothly.  So, I decided that maybe, just maybe, if I posted them on my blog it might give me some accountability... So we'll see how it goes.  The older girls take turns making breakfast.  This week is Charlotte's turn, so she and I put together a plan for her.  The other kids and I will help her out, but she's the boss of the kitchen in the morning for the week. :)  (It's only Tuesday and I've already had to make several changes since we've had some plans change...)

Sunday -
  • Breakfast - Skillet potatoes, sausage, eggs, onions... Todd normally makes this and just puts in whatever sounds good to him.
  •  Lunch - Roasted Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Green Bean Casserole (These are the chickens the kids raised this summer - yum.)  We'll put the bones back in the roaster with some water to make broth for later in the week (Not the bones from the drumsticks or wings that the kids devoured ;) )
  • Supper - Leftover spaghetti dumped in the crockpot with cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese - this just takes a couple of hours to heat up, so it is perfect for putting together on the way out the door to gospel meeting so supper will be ready when we walk back in the door.  We'll have this with bread, green beans, sliced apples and peach cobbler:    (I decided to try this in the crock pot.  I made it the regular way, but cooked it on high for about 3 hours.  It turned out really well - not quite as good as in the oven, but close)
Monday -
  • Breakfast - Boiled Eggs and toast
  • Snack (Yes, we have about 6 meals a day here!  These growing kids are always starving) - Granola Bars and Milk
  • Lunch - Ham and Cheese Sandwiches (The kids ended up eating outside for lunch since it was so gorgeous out there)
  • Snack - Cheese Sticks & Apples
  • Supper - Shepherds pie made with leftover mashed potatoes
  • Snack - Something, I'm sure
Tuesday -
  • Breakfast - Breakfast Burrito Casserole - (I haven't tried this recipe before, but we all have to be out the door by 7:45 so we decided to have something Charlotte can just pop in the oven) (This turned out pretty well - and we had leftovers that we can re-heat for later this week)
  • Snack - probably none - we all (except Garrett) have dentist appointments...
  • Lunch - Peanut Butter & Honey Sandwiches
  • Snack - Nachos
  • Supper - Spaghetti Casserole
Wednesday -
  • Breakfast -  Overnight French Toast Casserole 
  • Snack - Granola Bars & Milk
  • Lunch - Pizza or Something quick - piano lessons were changed from starting at 8:15 to starting at 12:30 today  Something quick ended up being ham sandwiches
  • Snack - Oranges
  • Supper - Probably sandwiches in the van - we have some errands to do in Mattoon before Bible Study, so we'll pick Todd up from work and head that direction. We ended up making hamburgers and taking them along with some chips.  
Thursday -
  • Breakfast - Overnight Crockpot Steel Cut Oats, Toast (We'll use the leftover oatmeal to make bread for lunch)    
  • Snack -  Crackers & Cheese
  • Lunch -    Chicken Noodle Soup, Bread, Sliced Cheese
  • Snack - Green Peppers & Ranch Dressing
  • Supper - White Chicken Chili
  • Snack - Cereal & Milk
Friday -
  • Breakfast -  Eggs in a hole - We'll butter the bread and cut the holes out the night before so all Charlotte has to do is break the eggs into the holes and put them in the oven to bake for a few minutes. 
  • Snack -  Ants on a log 
  • Lunch - Leftovers
  • Snack -  Bananas
  • Supper -  Italian Beef Sandwiches on rolls, French Fries, Lettuce Salad
Saturday -
  • Breakfast - Baked Eggs with ham,  toast (We're planning to butcher a steer at a friends house, so we'll be out the door early in the morning)
  • Lunch - We'll take Lasagna and a dessert over there
  • Supper - Most likely we'll still be there and will have supper with them



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I like to read menu plans on blogs too. It's always nice to find a new idea for a meal. Sounds like you're having a delicious week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Jennifer! I think menu plans are a great idea but haven't really implemented any. I love to find good ideas though! Thanks for posting this... look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thanks! I've always wished (well, since I've eaten your cooking), that you could come hang out in my kitchen for a week or so! This might be as close to that pipe dream as possible...so I'll take it! HA!

    ReplyDelete