Thursday, January 10, 2013

How is a mom (or sisters) supposed to keep a straight face?

Garrett was having a hard evening.  He just wasn't getting his way.  We went round and round about it, but I (nor he) just wouldn't give in.  He went into his room (where he was supposed to be going to bed) and pulled his Pull-ups out of the drawer and threw them on the floor, which highly upset his sister who joined in the crying...  So, I told him to pick up his Pull-ups and put them in the drawer.  So he did.  Except, he didn't put them in the Pull-up drawer.  He brought them into our room and slowly pulled open my drawer... looked at me - I wasn't looking at him... closed the drawer... looked at me... saw me turn his direction... opened my drawer and started stuffing Pull-ups in it with an "I got the best of you" look on his face...

Pretty soon, the Pull-ups were were they belonged and he was back in my room with a sweet look on his face.  "Why aren't you in bed?", I asked.  "I need to give you a hug," was his answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment