Lincoln and Heidi are having a hard time going to sleep because of their naps today - and they are back in their beds - and I hear Heidi say "Lincoln" and Lincoln wails "I'm not Lincoln, I'm Don" and she repeats "Lincoln" and he repeats "I'm not Lincoln, I'm Don" - just wailing away - it goes on over and over again - finally Todd goes and sorts it out leaves the room and it starts again - so he calls out "Lincoln"...and Lincoln just bursts into tears - "I'M DON" so Todd says - "Don - be quiet and go to sleep" it is now all quiet... Kids - gotta lov em.
Lincoln is now going around saying "ain't ain't a word" - apparently he was listening in on grammar.
The other day I asked Heidi to go take her bath. She looked at me and said "I can't wait until I am in Heaven". I said, "what?" She said "I want to be with God". I said "That is very nice, but why are you saying that now?" She said ... "Then I won't have to obey you".
Laura just reminded me of another one. We were outside the other day, and one of our neighbors was doing some target practice. Lincoln listened for a while then asked, "Is someone pounding posts?" I said, "No, someone is shooting a gun." He looked at me for a long time and then asked "Are you a little bit dead? - Did they shoot you?"

No comments:
Post a Comment