Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The beginning of "Critters on the Porch"




This blog was started the day after we were out in the pasture most of the night with a heifer who was trying to deliver a calf that was much too big for her. Several times since our family has moved to the country we have looked at each other and said "we need to put this in our book". We jokingly call the book Critters on the Porch. I decided to start this blog to write down the stories that belong in our book. We have a family of 7 children. We currently have a flock of 14 Shetland sheep, a herd of 13 cattle (mostly miniatures), a couple of guineas, 2 roosters, 2 dogs, and too many "barn" cats to count.

I am hoping to use this as a journal, so most of the posts will probably just be "daily happenings".

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting! Keeping up with a "blog" is something I'm not sure I could do with all the activity at your house! But pictures would be a little easier??? Fun at the Erickson's!!

    ReplyDelete