Friday, May 15, 2009

My 40th

Today's post actually starts from last night.  We were in bed and just drifting off to sleep when I heard a huge commotion.  Of course my first thought was that there were coyotes in the sheep pen.  I woke Todd up and he jumped into his jeans, grabbed his gun, threw open the door and... the dog was still sleeping on the porch and it was completely quiet outside.  I went over to the computer to check to see what the weather was supposed to do, and there on the screen were about 5 horn blowing, confetti throwing, cheering party emoticons that my dear sister had sent me on yahoo chat at midnight their time to welcome in my 40th birthday.  (Thanks Dawn! :) )I found out that my 40 year old heart could still beat pretty fast!

We spent the morning taking care of animals, working on laundry and talking on the phone.

The girls wanted to make a birthday cake for me, so in the afternoon we made a German Chocolate cake (from scratch of course - they don't like to bake from cake mixes - it isn't real cooking...)  

We spent the evening in Mattoon doing some shopping, ended up getting home too late for birthday cake, and then took care of the animals in the middle of another big storm.   

No comments:

Post a Comment