I really love putting together our schedule for the school year. It is so exciting to see what each of the children are going to be learning - and what I am going to be learning along with them! I have been doing quite a bit of research to decide what curriculum we are going to be using this year. I have a lot of it picked out, but haven't ordered it yet. I have a wish list at Rainbow Resource, but the total is over $600 - I am thinking I am going to have to weed through and just pick out what I know we need to begin with. I have a few things that we haven't used that I am planning to put on e-bay, so that will help towards the new books.
I ordered the grammar books earlier this spring when the publisher was having their annual sale, so we are all set for grammar. Most of their grammar books are non-consumable, so that really helps. We just have to buy the workbooks that go along with the texts and teachers manuals for the levels that the older children have already been through. Emily will be starting with Preparing to Build, Charlotte will be moving on to Building with Diligence, Abigail is going to be using Following the Plan and Laura will be in Building Securely. The books are quite thorough - I have been learning a lot of grammar that I either never learned or that I completely forgot. We are having fun learning how to diagram sentences.
We were at Wal-mart today and found a few workbooks for school. Lincoln is wanting to be included more, so I got him a Thinking Skills book. I got him a pre-school workbook a few weeks ago, but his sisters helped him finish it in just a couple of days. :) Heidi got a number dot-to-dot, an alphabet dot-to-dot, a color by number, and a Kindergarten Basics Book. I got Charlotte a Crossword puzzle book and also a workbook to work on her multiplication facts. It is hard for them to wait to start working in them. They look like so much fun. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment