Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Grandma



My Grandma Fox passed away Friday.   We lived far apart. We didn't talk on the phone very often. We didn't get to see each other very much after they moved to Arizona.  But she has always had such a special place in my heart.  She always remembered our birthdays - always.  Even when her hands shook so badly that she could barely write, she would tuck a little note in with a birthday card.  It was so nice to know that she thought of us.  I'm going to miss that.

One of the first thoughts I had when I heard that she had died was that she wasn't here anymore to pray for us. I'm confident that not only did she remember us on our birthdays, but she remembered us - her children, her grandchildren, her great grandchildren, and many others - before God in prayer. I'm going to miss that!

I'm so glad that she and Grandpa brought my Dad (and their other children) up in a God fearing and loving home.  I'm so glad that love was lived before us so that we too would want to know that same God who they loved.  I'm so glad that there was never any doubt of what was most important to her.  She left us such a wonderful heritage.  Not a heritage of natural things, but of things that really matter.  I'm going to miss her - I already do!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you, we really have no idea whose prayers have helped keep us, but like you, I cherish the ones we know are praying for us. I guess as others pass on, it becomes our turn to become the faithful one to pray for others. Dora

    ReplyDelete