People think of the country as being quiet - I will say that it is not quiet - peaceful, absolutely, but quiet.....no. Last night we had the windows open - we heard geese, coyotes, cows, sheep, dogs, and a bird that sang the entire night. I think it must have been a mockingbird - it would sing about 5 or 6 notes, then change its tune for another 5 or 6 notes and then change again and again... It was beautiful singing, but not exactly appreciated in the middle of the night. And finally, the roosters started crowing - it is amazing - they come up to the porch at almost exactly the same time every morning - park themselves under our window - and let loose with their crowing. I think they must be punishing us for getting rid of all of the hens a couple of months ago!
I guess I should add one of Lincoln's cute sayings from today. He was really tired at lunch time so I was wanting him to sleep during quiet time. I rocked him for quite a while - finally I figured he was sleeping soundly enough for me to lay him down. I put him in his bed and covered him up - he peeked up at me and said "You are not making me happy." Closed his eyes again and slept for about 2 hours. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment