Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Recovered!

I never imagined this ordeal would turn around so quickly!

Just before supper, they disconnected my IV pump, so I am now a freer man.  I spent a lot of the day on my back in bed -one of the common side-effects of a spinal tap is headache when you are sitting or standing, so I was anxious to see how much I have improved since this morning.

After supper I decided to try a swift walk around the floor.  After a 2 minute rest I tried it again and that time I was able to keep up with the nurses!  I was not sure how big the was so the third time I decided to count my steps for a rough measurement.  The third time I took 175 steps in  1 minute 17 seconds - which means I was able to go 525 feet at 5.4 miles per hour!  That was fast enough to break a good sweat.

I might never be 100%, but today I think I am at least 99.5%.

At this point I don't think the doctors have pinned down exactly what type of infection is the root cause of my trouble.  I believe that have to wait until tomorrow to get back some of the blood and spinal fluid cultures that they took yesterday.

I spoke briefly with one of the doctors on one of my walks but the whole team has not been in for the evening briefing.  If they give me new information then, I will post again.

Thanks again for the outpouring of prayers, love, support, and offers of help.  We are truly humbled.
Love,
-Todd

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! We are rejoicing with you!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!

    The LeCrones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess the only thing to say is GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME! We, too, are celebrating with you! It was amazing how quickly things went bad, and equally amazing how quickly they turned good! And yet, as Carrie said to me yesterday, Why should we be surprised?! God is big! Thankful for modern medicine and the knowledge that God gives to doctors! God bless! We love you guys!
    From the Prosser's

    ReplyDelete