Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday 1st report

I (Tamara, not Todd...) came home yesterday in time for supper.  Mary and Sara had the kids all quietly sitting at the table eating.  We are so so thankful for them.  It is such a relief to know that things at home are taken care of and that we don't have to worry about the kids.  And it was really nice to get a good night of sleep!

They took a scan of Todd's chest area and did an MRI of his brain. The kids so "sweetly" asked me if I thought they would find a brain in there... When I told Todd that, he told me to tell them that they certainly did - it was about the size of a pea. So you can see - we all still have our sense of humor intact.

One of the doctors was in this morning and kind of briefed Todd on what was going on.  He said he didn't see anything unusual on the brain MRI but hadn't seen a radiologist report on it.  The tests were coming back normal.  They are still waiting on a particular virus report to come back, but Todd couldn't remember the name of it.  The team of neurologist will be in today sometime to talk to him again.  I wish I had been able to take a picture of them in there yesterday with all of their white coats on and clipboards in hand.  I think there were about 8 or 9 of them.  Afterwards, the head doctor of the group had them in the hallway "testing" them. It has been really neat seeing the residents - some of them look about the ages of our kids, but they are so professional and knowledgeable.  They don't have a lot of experience under their belts yet, but you can tell they have had a lot of information put into their brains!

No comments:

Post a Comment