Wednesday, May 25, 2011

We're home!

The last test the neurologists were waiting on came back negative.

The official diagnosis is Aseptic Meningitis which basically means meningitis without a known cause.  All of the tests and cultures came back negative, so they know it is not a bacterial meningitis.  The doctor said it was most likely caused by a virus, but not by any of the viruses they tested for.  Meningitis is inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord.

Because I have completely recovered from my symptoms I came home with no prescriptions!  They recommended that I followup with a local neurologist in a couple months.

We will never be able to repay all of the prayers and well wishes that we have received.  I am truly humbled by the outpouring of love.
-Todd

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home!! Are you being "mothered" beyond measure with all your daughters?

    ReplyDelete