Last night they did an MRI of my brain. Just imagine yourself in a metal trashcan with about 20 kids banging on it as hard as they can with plastic hammers - for 30 minutes! I was glad for the earplugs they provided!
This morning I spoke with one of the neurologists. He had looked at the MRI and it looked normal to him. It will be read by a radiologist this morning. He said that all of the various tests and cultures that they have gotten back are normal, but that they are still waiting on the test they think is most important. He said the full team would be in to see me later in the morning.
Tamara said all of the children were doing very well. I think they were pretty happy to see their Mom drive in! Last night they all went to a Gospel Meeting in Neoga and Mary went home to her own bed for the night. Mary is coming back over this morning and then Tamara will be coming back to St. Louis. Don't tell her, but I am planning to take her out on a little date to the cafeteria!
Thanks again for all of your prayers and thoughts.
-Todd

Todd, you're such a romantic:) Aren't MRIs fun? Hayden had to have one last year, and her neurologist told her to try to nap during it. Crazy. So happy things are looking up; we will continue to pray, pray, pray. Say hi to Tamara for me. Take care.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I thought that sounded pretty romantic, too! Amazing how a couple days in a hospital bed puts it all in perspective and helps you appreciate little things like leaving your room and eating in a hospital cafeteria! Todd, you and your family are such an inspiration...right now in particular, but always in general! Hang in there! Oh, and I love the description of the MRI. Sounds like it came from a father of 7 trash can bangers! HA! Hang in there! From, Denise Prosser
ReplyDeleteWell, we didn't make it to the hospital cafeteria, but he did buy me a cheeseburger and chocolate milkshake at the Sonic drive thru in Vandalia on the way home... well technically I was driving so I handed over the cash... to be fair, we would have gone to a restaurant and eaten supper except we were trying to beat the storm home.
ReplyDelete