It makes me laugh to hear our kids talk like they are from the country. We were driving to gospel meeting tonight and Garrett shouted out in excitement - "Hay!!!" - Sure enough, there were several round bales of hay out in the field we were driving by. Some of the kids came in from closing up the chicken house and checking on the cows after we got home describing in detail how close Lilac must be to calving. "Her tail is really, really loose, it looks like she is having contractions, etc." Guess I'll be checking on a cow in the middle of the night... I did go out and check on her a little while ago and I think she has another day or so, but you never know. Come to think of it, who would have ever thought that "I" would know some of the things to check for in a pregnant, almost ready to calve cow? Conversations about animals, weather conditions, crops, hay, machinery and fences are pretty normal around here. And oh the excitement when a crop duster buzzes into their hearing!!! Have I mentioned that we LOVE living in the country? :)
Now the important and good news. Todd is getting better. His pain and swelling are mostly gone. He forgets to take his ibuprofen. He is still really, really tired - exhausted is probably a better word for it - and can't seem to get enough sleep, but he is definitely feeling stronger. It will probably be a little while before he is completely back to full strength, but we're so glad that he seems to be heading that direction!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Tamara, definitely sounds like the city girl has become a country woman! (Do you get Country Woman magazine? I love it!) So glad to hear Todd's feeling better & stronger every day.
ReplyDeletePraise God! Good, good news!
ReplyDeleteWe're praying about moving to some property because we'd love to be raising country kids. We'll see what God has in store.
ReplyDeleteit's a good sign if he's forgetting to take his meds!! hope he starts feeling less fatigued as well as stonger now!! thinking of ya!!
ReplyDeleteHey there Cousin this is a very cool blog. Dad had mentioned it so i decided to chack it out. Hope this finds you and yours in good health and spirits.
ReplyDelete