Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yay!!! Chickens are in the freezer!!!

We were all planning to go pick up the chickens so Todd could back up the trailer to pick up the chicken crates and talk me through strapping them on, and the kids could help me load the chickens in the van, but I decided I could surely do that much!  I've helped Todd load and strap things on several times. So I left everyone at home since I wanted to stop at a few stores over that direction and Todd was working.  A cute little Amish boy helped me load chickens - I think I worked his muscles a little more than he was expecting - :) I asked him afterwards if he was allowed to get a tip - he answered "I... I... don't know"  but he went away with it with a huge grin on his face.  It took me about an hour, but I got the trailer hooked up, backed up, loaded up with the crates, tied them down and made it home!

When I was a little kid, I remember wishing I was a boy.  It seemed like boys got to have so much more fun than girls.  These past few weeks, I've been so glad that I'm a lady, not a man.  I'm much more comfortable taking care of all the domestic duties that belong to me than taking care of all of the things around here that my man normally does.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind at all doing them while he is recuperating.  There is a saying that a man's work is from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done.  That might be true, but but WOW - a man's work is not easy!  But I'm learning...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment