- An aside here - I always have to chuckle to myself when people hear that we or others homeschool and one of their first questions is almost always - "But what about socialization". Almost invariably, when we have gotten together with other home school families the kids just "get along". I don't think I heard any arguing or whining. A lot of the kids hadn't ever been here before nor did they know our kids very well, but most of them hopped out of their vehicles and started right in playing. All of the kids from almost 15 to 7 weeks played together. Well, the 7 week and 7 month olds didn't exactly play, but they did get lots of snuggling in. The big kids helped the little kids and the little kids enjoyed having the big kids doting on them. - Anyway, I just think it is fun watching our "unsocialized" kids getting along just fine in the socialization department.
- Back to the subject of my post... We really appreciated everyone's help. It feels so nice to have shining and organized cupboards and closets - and last year's school books back on the bookshelves. It was so fun to have you all here! Thanks so much!!!

The socialization questions always make me laugh too! I always ask them what the point of learning how to survive in a cave with hundreds of other kids their same age is going to each them about life when the world is filled with people of all ages!
ReplyDeleteshould say "going to teach them"!
ReplyDelete