Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chicken Scratching

Last night Heidi told us that she had some bug bites on her head - we looked at them and told her that sure enough, she did and hopefully they would feel better in the morning and sent her to bed.  So this morning, she was complaining of more bites.  I told her we would take all the sheets and blankets off of her bed and vacuum it real well because she must have a spider in her bed.  And then she kept telling me she had more bites and more bites... So the fleeting suspicion I had last night that maybe she has chicken pox apparently wasn't just a fleeting suspicion. She said that she must not have a spider in her bed, but instead she must have a chicken in it pecking her while she is sleeping.  Everyone but Heidi and Lincoln have had the inoculation for chicken pox, so hopefully our quarantine time won't be too long!  I keep asking myself why, of all of our children, did I neglect to get the chicken pox shot for our most High Energy, High Intensity, Highly Sensitive child!?!  So far she is still bopping around like she is feeling fine.  I told her to do everything fun today that she wanted to do because it might be a few days before she felt like playing around.  She told me a little bit ago that she had an itch on her leg so she was going to go watch it to see if she could see the chicken pox pop up.  Wonder how long it will take for the novelty to wear off - and wonder what the possibility is that those really are bug bites...

1 comment:

  1. Hope she recovers quickly. I got them from a kid at convention when I was 8. My brother got them after I recovered. His were a lot worse than mine. Hope Heidi's isn't too bad, but bad enough to not get them again.

    Look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete