Saturday, July 16, 2011

It is so quiet around here!

Last night, Todd took all of the kids except Heidi and Garrett to the annual Warner family fish fry.  It was very different having just Heidi and Garrett here.  Garrett was pretty disappointed that he didn't get to go with them, so for the first part of the evening he was a little stinker.  Getting into everything, messing up everything Heidi was doing and generally being a grump.  After supper, he settled down and we went outside and they played on the swings and with Mr. Potato head for a while while I mowed.  After enjoying some fudgesicles, they played in the water to get the chocolate washed off and then Heidi got to get him all ready for bed.  I think she kind of enjoyed being the "big" kid around here for a change!
Today, it is just Heidi and me here.  The rest of the family went to the convention grounds to help start getting ready for convention.  Garrett was up and dressed with his shoes on bright and early.  He came out and informed me that he was going with Daddy today!  I told him that I would miss him and didn't he think he should stay home with me?  His bottom lip puckered out and he said "But I go to Bwownstown and help Daddy."  So I settled for a hug and a kiss and sent him happily on his way.  It is so quiet around here! Heidi's chicken pox is very mild. She hasn't felt bad at all except for the itching.  Even that hasn't bothered her very much.  She is enjoying doing a few things that she doesn't normally get to do when everyone is here.   She's been playing with playdough, working on a puzzle, eating a little bag of M&Ms and is getting ready to do a little painting.  I'm not sure what to do with myself with all this quietness around me!  I'm missing the normal chaos that happens around here most of the time.  Now, I need to go get something accomplished while I am not being paged every 2 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Heidi, sorry to hear she has chicken pox. Hope she was able to enjoy her one-on-one day with Mom! It would be different for you, Tamara, to have it so quiet. Did you find yourself tiptoeing, subconsciously thinking you needed to be quiet so as not to wake anyone?

    ReplyDelete