Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's hard to grow up

Garrett is 2 1/2 - just on the brink between being a baby and being a little boy.  Most of the time he wants to be a big boy.  He very often says "I'm not Garrett, I'm Lincoln and I'm 5!"  The other day, however, we had some friends over who have a 3 month old baby girl.  I was holding her when Garrett came up to me in need of having his diaper changed.  I handed the baby over to someone else and took him back to change him.  While he was laying there, he said "You need to take care of YOUR baby..."  After he was dressed again, I told him to run along downstairs to play with his friends.  His reply - "I not go downstairs, I stay upstairs... I need my mommy."  Guess it was just too much for him to see HIS mommy holding another baby.  He was quite happy holding the baby himself, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment