Thursday, March 29, 2012

No Menu this week

Todd has been out of town all week on a business trip, so I didn't make a menu because I thought we could just wing it.  The kids will be really happy to see their dad tomorrow night when he gets home.  AND they'll be really happy to get some decent meals again.  When I have a menu, I do a much, much better job putting well balanced meals on the table.  So far this week we had McDonald's twice and Pizza Hut once. We had cold cereal for breakfast one morning (although the other mornings we had breakfast burritos and eggs and toast.)  We had leftovers one meal that were pretty nutritious, and another meal was toasted submarine sandwiches that were not too bad.  Tomorrow our local homeschool group is coming over for a potluck lunch so hopefully there will be some vegetables and fruit to counteract our week of poor eating.  Friday we'll be back to our normal routine.  At least I haven't pulled the frozen pizzas out yet. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your posts are cracking me up :) Love the hilarious things kids do! And, what is with husbands that travel for work lately?!? It makes things a little crazy, at least at our house. Hope you're all back to normal soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Rob called Tues p.m., he was puzzled at the "Welcome to Las Vegas" text he'd gotten from Todd! As I was explaining, he got a call from Todd. What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete