After meeting, I happened to look out the window and see a sheep on its side kicking its legs. Todd and some of the other men went to check it out, and found that one of the lambs and our yearling, Fern, were stuck in some poultry netting we had out there. They were very tangled up and in pretty bad shape. Unfortunately, the little lamb didn't make it :( Fern seems to be doing ok, but has a limp. The lamb that died was Harriett's little ram lamb.
We went down to Newton to the gospel meeting this afternoon. Then came back home and buried the little lamb and did a few other chores before putting the kids to bed. We moved Garrett out of his cradle into his crib last week, and now we are trying to teach him to go to sleep in it...he is doing pretty well with it, but it is hard on me to listen to him cry himself to sleep.
The kids would like us to put their pool up this week, so maybe I will tackle that job tomorrow if the weather is nice. They are anxious to get swimming. :)
I just realized that it was 22 years ago today that I graduated from High School. Time flies!

Did you know Marco's family was coming with Mary Lou before you chose your pot-luck theme?
ReplyDeleteSorry about your little lamb dying.
Hi Shelley,
ReplyDeleteNo we didn't know they were coming, but it was appropriate :)
Thanks - it was kind of sad. He was a cute little fellow.