Several years ago, when we wanted a quick meal, I would just throw a frozen pizza in the oven and the kids thought it was a treat. Then, I started making homemade pizza and if I ever served frozen pizza, the kids would eat it, but made comments about how much better homemade pizza was (hint-hint). Now, we very, very rarely have pizza in the freezer, but the other day it was on a really good sale so I bought a few thinking we could have it for a snack or something.
I went out to mow this morning. It was getting close to lunch time and I wanted to finish up before I came inside. I hadn't started anything for lunch, so I asked the girls to pull out the pizza and put them in the oven. Now, these girls can make pizza from scratch almost with their eyes closed. They often make it for supper on Friday nights. I almost always keep the ingredients on hand, because now when we want a quick meal I have them throw a couple of pizzas together and they can have it on the table in about 45 minutes. So I had to laugh when I walked in the door and there were the pizzas just out of the oven, on top of nicely toasted curled up cardboard circles. Guess we'd better stick with homemade pizza...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love it!
ReplyDeleteOh, my, thanks for today's laugh!
ReplyDeleteGuys, you make my heart smile!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteD.F.